ZTC appoints new commercial vehicles head
Muscat, October 22, 2012
Zawawi Trading Company (ZTC), authorised general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Oman, has appointed Luis Garcia as new head of its commercial vehicles division.
Garcia will be tasked with heading up a growing Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle (CV) offering in Oman, including a new facility and mobile service unit in Haima district and dedicated CV division at ZTC’s newly upgraded Muscat showroom, a statement from Zawawi said.
He brings 23 years of international commercial vehicle experience to the position, 20 of which are from senior management positions with Mercedes-Benz and Daimler companies: DCVC Mexico, DC Venezuela and MB Latina (US).
The new appointment is the latest step in Zawawi Trading Company’s ambitious road map to become the leading automotive customer care provider in the Sultanate within five years.
Expansion plans also include the expansion of commercial vehicle service facilities to Sohar next year. With the addition of the newly introduced Freightliner and WesternStar commercial vehicle products into Oman, ZTC Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles division is well placed and fully prepared to continue to offer the highest levels of service to customers.
Craig Hardie, CEO – automotive, Zawawi Trading Company, said: “We are taking Zawawi Mercedes-Benz to the next level by placing only the most experienced managers into top positions to implement global standards in Oman.”
“In doing so, ZTC has stayed true to the Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicle brand mantra by offering our customers ‘Trucks you can trust’ in Oman.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service