Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear
Dubai, October 24, 2012
Nissan Patrol, the company's flagship SUV model, has netted its highest sales in the Gulf market, recording more than 3,500 units between July and September this year, said a top official.
August was a record month with sales close to 1,500 units. At 89 per cent, Nissan Patrol’s sales growth is almost double that of the large sport utility vehicle segment (SUV-L).
“These record sales are a direct result of the aesthetic and technological superiority of the Patrol in a very competitive segment,” remarked Samir Cherfan, the sales and marketing director, Nissan Middle East.
“With unique features like the independent body motion 4WD control, Around view monitor and fuel efficient 5.6 V8 engine, we are confident that our flagship SUV for the Middle East will continue to excite our customers and exceed all expectations,” Cherfan stated.
Additionally, the Patrol market share is up 33 per cent reaching 20 per cent of the segment this year, he added.
The significant growth in demand of the SUV segment can be attributed to a buoyant customer sentiment in the region, and ofcourse the refreshing new blend of luxury and technology that Patrol offers to the discerning SUV customers today.
Meticulously engineered for over 60 years, the Patrol is Nissan’s flagship SUV model and enjoys a rich heritage and passionate following in the Middle East that dates back to the 1950s.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm