Mercedes-Benz AMG set for record sales
Dubai, October 31, 2012
The Mercedes-Benz Middle East and Levant 'Year of SUV and AMG' is on track to mark its best-ever sales year in 2012, posting overall record monthly sales in September.
Year-to-date (YTD) sales up 20 per cent when compared with 2011, the company said in a statement.
Capping 12 consecutive months of double-digit growth, the milestone achievement includes a record sales month for the Mercedes-AMG performance division, as well as record September sales for general distributors in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain and Iraq.
Spearheading Mercedes-Benz SUV market share growth strategy was the M-Class, with YTD sales up 24 per cent.
The G-Class was also on track with sales of the G 55 AMG and newly-launched G 63 AMG and G 65 AMG variants up 40 per cent. Sales for the flagship seven-seater GL were also up 25 per cent.
AMG, the second of Mercedes-Benz's two-pronged 2012 sales strategy, posted record sales in September, smashing its previous record in January 2009.
September sales were up 228 per cent on 2011, whilst YTD sales accelerated by 68 per cent.
Beyond the AMG and SUV strategy, the E-Class continues to represent one of Mercedes-Benz's most popular models with customers in the Middle East, recently surpassing 15,000 unit sales for saloon, coupe and cabriolet variants.
"The luxury car business for Mercedes-Benz is not driven by one single market - it is from the whole region," Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East and Levant director, sales and marketing, Frank Bernthaler said.
"By working closely with our country partners to execute a clear regional strategy, we have been able to consistently achieve peak sales performances as we strive for a record year in 2012," he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers