Dubai dealer offers sporty 2013 Lexus IS
Dubai, November 21, 2012
Al-Futtaim Motors, exclusive distributor for Lexus in the UAE, has announced the arrival of the modern and sporty looking 2013 Lexus IS in the UAE.
This 2013 range of this luxury compact car, which features progressive styling and enhanced handling, includes the IS, the IS F high performance sedan and the IS Convertible.
Saud Abbasi, general manager, Al-Futtaim Motors-Lexus, said, “The progressive styling and the on-road performance of the Lexus IS, makes it one of the sportiest cars in its class.”
“The 2013 range provides luxury car buyers with a rich choice of options including a hard top convertible version and an F badge model for a sportier outlook. This is the car of choice, not only for first-time luxury buyers but also for those looking for a potent mix of power, luxury and handling.”
The Lexus IS 2013 comes with a 3.0-litre V6 that produces 228 horsepower and delivers 30.6 kg-m of torque at 4400 rpm. With an advanced six-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission, it offers a smooth shifting response.
The IS 300 offers a new Saddle Tan package that accentuates the interior while maintaining the cockpit like feel along with contemporary yet convenient driver controls.
An F-sport package is also offered for those who would like the sporty edge. This package offers aggressive styling for the exterior, an enhanced interior design and a fine-tuned suspension.
The IS stability, control and ride comfort, derived from a light-weight high rigidity body, a balanced design of front engine rear wheel drive, aerodynamic exterior design and front double wishbone suspension.
The rear-wheel drive system gives the IS better handling, improved acceleration and the feeling of a well-balanced ride.
2013 IS F
The ‘F’ in Lexus IS F stands for Fuji Speedway where the IS F was intensively tested, beneath the shadow of the iconic Mount Fuji.
Under the hood lies a 5.0-litre V8 direct injection D4 engine delivering 417 horsepower. A specially calibrated version of the Lexus Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system helps provide superior handling dynamics and traction control to the IS F.
VDIM integration provides precise management for power steering, vehicle stability control, traction control, anti-lock braking system, brake assist, electronic brake force distribution and engine torque.
An eight-speed sport transmission creates a powerful throttle, generates a phenomenal sound during acceleration and goes from 0-100 kmph in under five seconds.
Lexus IS Convertible 2013
The sophisticated Lexus IS C continues to blend the expressive stylishness of a hardtop convertible with the quietness and comfort of a coupe. The IS C quickly goes from a hardtop to a convertible in less than 21 seconds.
Lexus Premium audio system, USB/mini jack blue tooth connectivity, Navigation, park assist with rear camera, auto air conditioning and semi aniline 8-way powered leather seats are offered across the Lexus IS range. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service