Audi unveils new high-performance cars
Dubai, December 6, 2012
Germany-based automobile manufacturer, Audi, has introduced two new high-performance sportscars - Audi RS 4 Avant and RS 6 Avant – in the Middle East region.
The sprint from 0 to 100 km/h takes 4.7 and 3.9 seconds for the RS 4 Avant and the RS 6 Avant respectively thanks to high-revving 450 hp V8 FSI and powerful twin-turbo 560 hp V8 engines, a statement from the company said.
The Audi RS 4 and RS 6 with the Avant body style will be available for the first time in the Middle East in the first quarter of 2013 and 2014 respectively. Prices and specifications have not been announced yet.
The company’s RS models with their powerful engines form the dynamic spearhead of the model programme, the statement said. The abbreviation RS stands for the most powerful version of a model series, for quattro permanent all-wheel drive, extreme handling, understated appearance and full everyday utility.
The new RS 6 Avant is lighter and more efficient than the previous model, and performance has been improved once again. The 4.0 TFSI, which debuted last year, is a perfect example of Audi’s downsising strategy in the high-performance category.
In the Audi RS 6 Avant, the twin-turbo V8 delivers confidence-inspiring power in every driving situation from its displacement of 3,993 cc, it said. Peak output of 560 hp is reached between 5,700 and 6,700 rpm, with a constant 700 Nm of torque available between 1,750 and 5,500 rpm.
In the standard configuration, top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h. This is increased to 280 km/h with the optional Dynamic package.
With the Dynamic plus package, Audi reigns in the engine only upon reaching 305 km/h. Fuel consumption has been reduced by roughly 40 per cent compared to the previous model.
The high-performance Avant consumes on average 9.8 liters of fuel per 100 km, according to European driving cycle.
First introduced 12 years ago, the RS 4 Avant is a modern classic. Audi presents the third generation of the car, with a high-revving V8 FSI developing 450 hp at 8,250 rpm and 430 Nm of torque, a high-performance drive train and a diverse range of assistance and infotainment technologies.
Average fuel consumption is 10.7 liters of fuel per 100 km. With its long top gear, the standard seven-speed S tronic contributes to the good fuel economy. Launch control manages starts with optimal traction at the push of a button.
Numerous RS-specific design details underscore the distinctive appearance of the Audi RS models. Most noticeable are the matte aluminum applications on the body, the high-gloss black protective grille at the front of the car, the bumpers, the fender, sill flares and the large roof spoiler. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer