Bentley unveils new Continental at Qatar show
Doha, January 29, 2013
British luxury automobiles manufacturer Bentley Motors has for the first time unveiled the new Continental GT Speed at the Qatar International Motor Show in Doha.
The car is the pinnacle of GT Supercar performance and luxury, and will be present throughout the duration of the show which runs until February 2, a statement from the company said.
At the heart of the new Continental is an up-rated version of the Bentley 6-litre, 48-valve, four-cam, twin turbocharged W12 engine.
For the new model, the Bentley W12 develops 625 PS (616 bhp/460 kW) at 6000 rev/min and 800 Nm of torque to deliver thunderous, supercar performance with effortless overtaking capability. The 0-100 km/h sprint is dispatched in 4.2 seconds and the GT Speed has a top speed of 330 km/h.
Making its world premiere, the luxurious Mulsanne Fitted Luggage collection offers visitors the chance to see the bespoke hand crafted luggage for the first time, the statement said. It is hand crafted by Schedoni of Italy, specialists in bespoke fitted car luggage. The shape of which is inspired by the inner door panel design of the car.
With the side panels echoing the main feature of the door frame with a twin ridge and the shape of the dashboard buttresses, the frame gives the ability to guide the luggage in to position in the boot of the car protecting the handle.
A favourite amongst Middle Eastern customers, Bentley is also showcasing its highly distinctive flagship Mulsanne at the Qatar International Motor Show.
The Mulsanne is a pure example of the grand touring Bentley combining coach-built elegance and hand crafted luxury with immense power and sportiness that together offer the world’s most exclusive driving experience, it said. It is a luxury car that makes the joy of driving its central focus.
Chris Buxton, regional director, Middle East, said: “The Qatar International Motor Show has become an important part of the automotive calendar in the Middle East.”
“It is a fitting place to show off our fastest production car in the form of the Continental GT Speed and our bespoke Mulsanne Fitted Luggage collection that will aim to complete the feeling of luxury that is experienced by every Bentley customer,” he concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service