Jaguar Land Rover Mena sales hit record
Dubai, January 30, 2013
Jaguar Land Rover Mena has reported that sales of its Land Rover brand were up 34 per cent in 2012 and the Jaguar brand saw an increase of 27 per cent across the region.
The announcement echoes Jaguar Land Rover’s recently announced global retail sales growth of 30 per cent in 2012, the best global sales performance in the company’s history.
The regional results were achieved due to a strong product line-up and update programme across its key nameplates. On Jaguar, the regional performance bucked the global trend to deliver a YOY increase of 27 per cent in 2012 compared to a 6 per cent growth globally, a statement said.
Jaguar Land Rover Mena also cited its decision to revitalise brand operations within strategic markets across the region as a key factor in driving the growth, resulting in improved service levels and customer facing processes. In addition, traditionally strong GCC markets such as Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE continued to maintain their growth position.
Commenting on the achievement, Robin Colgan, managing director for Jaguar Land Rover Mena, said: “This performance cements Jaguar Land Rover’s position as one of the leading premium automotive manufacturers in the region, and is testament to the success of the company’s global strategy to invest in new products and innovation.
“We look forward to continuing this success in 2013, driven by the introduction of new models including the All-New Range Rover and the stunning new Jaguar F-TYPE.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers