Nissan Altima wins top safety credentials
Dubai, January 30, 2013
The 2013 Nissan Altima has won the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick Plus" designation, which recognizes passenger vehicles for excellent performance in five passenger safety tests.
Starting with 2013 models, IIHS introduced more stringent criteria and requirements to include the "Top Safety Pick" front, side, rollover and rear crash tests, as well as the newly added small overlap frontal test.
The Altima scored well for each of these tests, adding the "Top Safety Pick Plus" award to the five-star safety rating it received in September from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's New Car Assessment Program.
“Earning this top safety award proves Nissan’s success in this segment. The Altima 2013 is innovatively designed and is engineered with top safety features such as the Safety Shield technologies,” said Samir Cherfan, sales & marketing director, Nissan Middle East.
The Nissan Altima comes equipped with a variety of standard safety features, including the Nissan advanced air bag system, driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags, roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags and vehicle dynamic control, among others.
Available features include next-generation Safety Shield technologies, including blind spot warning, lane departure warning and moving object detection systems using an innovative single rear camera. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain