Nissan Altima wins top safety credentials
Dubai, January 30, 2013
The 2013 Nissan Altima has won the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) "Top Safety Pick Plus" designation, which recognizes passenger vehicles for excellent performance in five passenger safety tests.
Starting with 2013 models, IIHS introduced more stringent criteria and requirements to include the "Top Safety Pick" front, side, rollover and rear crash tests, as well as the newly added small overlap frontal test.
The Altima scored well for each of these tests, adding the "Top Safety Pick Plus" award to the five-star safety rating it received in September from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's New Car Assessment Program.
“Earning this top safety award proves Nissan’s success in this segment. The Altima 2013 is innovatively designed and is engineered with top safety features such as the Safety Shield technologies,” said Samir Cherfan, sales & marketing director, Nissan Middle East.
The Nissan Altima comes equipped with a variety of standard safety features, including the Nissan advanced air bag system, driver and front-passenger seat-mounted side-impact supplemental air bags, roof-mounted curtain side-impact supplemental air bags and vehicle dynamic control, among others.
Available features include next-generation Safety Shield technologies, including blind spot warning, lane departure warning and moving object detection systems using an innovative single rear camera. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week