Al Nabooda seals Thrifty UAE deal
Dubai, March 18, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the sole distributor of Volkswagen vehicles in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has signed an agreement with top car rental company, Thrifty UAE, to supply a range of German-engineered vehicles for its expanding car rental fleet.
The deal will sees an initial 300 Volkswagen cars joining the Thrifty UAE fleet, which will be available for both short-term rentals and long-term leasing in the UAE. More vehicles are due to be added during the second half, said a company statement.
The Jetta and Passat are now immediately available for leasing at a special price of Dh1,999 and Dh2,499 per month respectively on a one-year basis, while the Polo Sedan will be added in the coming months.
“Having introduced the full range of Volkswagen sedan models to the UAE over the last two years, we now have the opportunity to enter the fleet market which requires cars of excellent quality, reliability, and style, suitable for a wide range of drivers,” remarked Thierry Seys, VW general manager at Al Nabooda Automobiles.
"Tourists and residents alike look for vehicles which are affordable yet they demand high safety and engineering standards," he stated.
“This partnership agreement is significant for Al Nabooda Automobiles as it will bring the best sedan vehicles to drivers in the UAE who appreciate the high performance quality of a brand such as Volkswagen.”
Commenting on the deal, GM Rahul Singh said, "Thrifty is the largest car rental company in the UAE, but until now, our fleet did not feature a large global brand such as Volkswagen. Our customer research indicated a specific interest in leasing and short term rentals of quality engineered cars from Europe and Volkswagen fits that bill perfectly."
“We believe this is the beginning of a long, fruitful partnership with Al Nabooda Automobiles, one of the most respected car distributors in the region,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi