Hyundai unveils images of new sports coupe
Dubai, March 21, 2013
South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor has unveiled exterior renderings of the HND-9, its latest luxury sports coupe concept.
The HND-9, the ninth concept model developed by Hyundai Motor Group’s R&D Center in Namyang, Korea, features a dramatic long hood and wheelbase, giving a modern reinterpretation of a classic premium sports coupe, a statement said.
Fluidic yet sleek character lines that stretch from headlamp to trunk, voluminous, powerful car body and a striking, wide hexagonal-shaped radiator grille underscore the high performance image of the concept.
Butterfly doors, spiral-shaped lines connected to the headlamp, soft silver coating, dual twin muffler and uniquely designed head and rear lamps give the car a sleek futuristic look, the statement added.
As a rear-wheel drive, high-performance sports coupe concept, HND-9 is equipped with 3.3-litre turbo GDi engine and 8-speed auto transmission, delivering maximum output of 370ps.
The HND-9 is set to make its world debut during Hyundai’s press conference on March 28 at the 2013 Seoul Motor Show. More details of the concept’s design and its cutting-edge technologies will be revealed at the show, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success