Atlantis offers guest transport in hybrids
Dubai, March 25, 2013
Dubai’s Atlantis, The Palm, has become the first resort in the region to offer guests transportation in new economically efficient Mercedes-Benz S 400 Hybrid cars provided by Sixt Car Rental, Gargash Enterprises.
Atlantis and Gargash Enterprises, the authorised distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Dubai, Sharjah and Northern Emirates, have entered into a pioneering new partnership by making Atlantis the first resort in the region with an entire fleet of hybrid cars.
Attending the launch specially from Mercedes-Benz in Germany, Ralf Gänzle, Product Management S-Class, CL-Class explained that Atlantis, The Palm, with its unique brand of luxury service, and Mercedes-Benz, luxury and prestige vehicles make the perfect pair in the quest of offering guests ultimate indulgence.
Along with a compact design and smooth operation, the Mercedes-Benz S 400 Hybrid unique drive system does not compromise on space or the abundant features that define extravagant quality and rewarding performance, he said.
The power in the lower engine speed range combined with lower fuel consumption makes the advanced hybrid work efficiently and comfortably in everyday use.
This is particularly noticeable at traffic lights, when the vehicle stops and the start/stop function switches off the engine. When moving again, the electric motor restarts the main drive unit as part of a process which is virtually imperceptible for the occupants, saving fuel and minimizing emissions.
“We are constantly innovating and providing new experiences for our guests. Therefore, we are very proud to now being able to transport our guests in the comfort and luxury of the Mercedes-Benz S 400 Hybrid cars, when visiting Atlantis, The Palm," said Serge Zaalof, president and managing director of Atlantis, The Palm.
“To associate our transport service with a reputable partner like Gargash Enterprises is something we put great value and pride in.”
Karl-Johan Sandesjo, general manager, Gargash Enterprises commented “We are excited about our partnership with Atlantis, The Palm and are confident that guests who take advantage of this service will enjoy spending time in the S 400 Hybrid.”
A powerful V-6 teams up with a near-silent electric motor, a first-of-its -kind lithium-ion battery and a smooth 7-speed automatic to give you the S 400 Hybrid. The engine is designed for low wear, economical operation, high levels of ease and smoothness, as well as impressive power delivery, together with the familiar high level of effortless driving, the full boot capacity, and a classy interior with impressive agility.
“Sustainability is a key consideration for Mercedes-Benz. Even with our petrol engine models, with every new engine we produce the economy and efficiency improves whilst performance increases,” said Frank Bernthaler, director, Sales and Marketing, Mercedes-Benz Cars, Middle East & Levant.
“Many of our BlueEfficiency engines come with the same Start/Stop fuel saving function as the S 400 Hybrid, and it is even included in the newly launched A 250 Sport. The fact that luxury resorts such as Atlantis, The Palm recognize Mercedes-Benz for these attributes is testament to our success in delivering on sustainability, and marks a positive shift in regional attitudes towards technologies that provide greener solutions for luxury transport fleets.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer