Mercedes-Benz Kuwait 2012 sales up 21pc
Kuwait, March 27, 2013
A R Albisher and Z Alkazemi, the exclusive general distributor for Mercedes-Benz in Kuwait, has posted an increase of 21 per cent in sales of passenger cars on 2012 over the previous year.
“Mercedes-Benz in the Middle East and Levant region had a record sales year in 2012 with overall 16.7 per cent growth in sales, and Kuwait’s contribution to this accomplishment is something that we are very proud of and hope to continue achieving over the coming years,” said Michael Ruehle, general manager, Abdul Rahman Albisher & Zaid Alkazemi.
“I am particularly confident that we will be seeing even stronger sales year-on-year as a result of the range of cars Mercedes-Benz is offering in Kuwait. Consumers in the Middle East and in Kuwait specifically, are very passionate about the cars they drive and we offer them the best the in terms of power, technology, design, comfort and safety; and we are seeing this in the sales figures.”
The AMG and SUV segments were the top two sales motivators in Kuwait given that 2012 was the ‘Year of AMG and SUV.’
The Mercedes AMG division sales rose by 56 per cent compared to 2011 – lead primarily by the launch of the G 63 AMG and G 65 AMG variants, as well as the award-winning ML 63 AMG in the SUV range and the C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series.
The 2012 launch of the Mercedes-Benz flagship 7-seater GL as well as the G-Class and leading M-Class offered different types of consumers in Kuwait access to the Mercedes-Benz SUV range. As a result, SUV sales grew 41 per cent compared to 2011 and represented the second most sought after Mercedes-Benz car.
“As for 2013, there is no stopping the momentum in Kuwait,” added Ruehle.
“We’re looking at further success for the SUV range – especially the GL500 since it was launched toward the end of 2012 and the rising sales will definitely spill over to this year. We are also looking forward to the regional launches of the new GL63 AMG, the new A-Class and the Mercedes-Benz flagship S-Class luxury sedan models and the impact the unveiling will have in Kuwait.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme