Bosch spark plug sales grow 7.5pc in Mena
Dubai, April 9, 2013
German-based Bosch, one of the leading international suppliers of automotive technology, recorded a sales growth of 7.5 per cent for its spark plugs in the Mena region during 2012.
Guido Gring, vice president of Bosch Automotive Aftermarket, Middle East and Africa said: “For 111 years, Bosch spark plugs have played an essential role in the development of high performance, economical and environmentally friendly engines.”
“In the Mena region, most original equipment manufacturers and independent workshops put their trust in Bosch spark plugs for their equipment, while boat engines, jet skis, garden and forestry equipment, stationary gas engines, water pumps and emergency generators also use our spark plugs.”
In addition to factories in Stuttgart and Bamberg in Germany, Bosch has manufacturing locations for its spark plugs in the major emerging economies of Brazil, Russia, India, and China.
“Working closely with engine manufacturers worldwide, Bosch engineers have consistently developed the spark plugs since their conception. Among motorists, Bosch spark plugs have been synonymous with reliability and quality for many years, and it’s this reputation that is the driving force behind our sales growth in the Mena region every year,” Gring added.
Bosch was recently nominated in the famous “Auto Bild” poll of the world’s best brands, as voted by around 100,000 readers. Bosch appeared in six categories, winning the car batteries, windshield wipers, workshop chains and spark plugs categories. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success