New McLaren showroom opens in Manama
Manama, April 18, 2013
The new McLaren Manama showroom was opened at the Bahrain World Trade Center, next to Moda Mall today by McLaren Automotive Bahrain and Saudi Arabia dealer Al Ghassan Motors.
The opening of the state-of-the-art showroom coincided with the Formula One Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix.
McLaren's range of high performance sports cars will be showcased at the luxury venue.
Present at the event were Mark Harrison, McLaren Automotive regional director Middle East and Africa; David Leach, managing director, Al Ghassan Motors; and Mike Flewitt, the chief operating officer of McLaren Automotive Group.
Mark Harrison, McLaren Automotive regional director, Middle East and Africa, said the group is committed to the Middle East market, which accounted for about 10 percent of the company's production.
Bahrain's sovereign wealth fund Mumtalakat is McLaren's principal shareholder.
A new entrant to the supercar segment, McLaren launched its 12C Coupe in the Middle East in November 2011 and the 12C Spider earlier this year.
The company recently unveiled its stunning P1 supercar for the first time in the Middle East in Bahrain. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE