Jaguar Land Rover's UAE sales up 25pc in Q1
Dubai, May 7, 2013
UAE-based Al Tayer Motors, a leading automobile dealership, has recorded 25.1 per cent growth in Jaguar Land Rover sales for the first quarter (Q1) of the year as against the figures for the same period of 2012.
Land Rover sales were up more than 26 per cent and Jaguar sales were up 16 per cent for Q1 2013 with the best-ever sales performance for both brands being reported in March.
Best performing nameplates for the brands have been the Jaguar XF, Land Rover Defender and the LR4. The all-new Range Rover, which went on sale in the UAE in November, has been a runaway success with strong demand for the vehicle, a statement said.
Meanwhile, Al Tayer Motors won the prestigious Dealer of the Year award at a ceremony in Barcelona, Spain, where Jaguar Land Rover recognised its Mena dealers on successes achieved in the fiscal year 2012/13.
Ashok Khanna, chief executive officer, Al Tayer Motors said: “This is our sixth Dealer of the Year win with Jaguar Land Rover and is special to us as we have won it in our 30th anniversary year. With new models such as the Jaguar F-type and the all-new Range Rover Sport expected to launch in our market soon, we look forward to delivering an even stronger performance in the coming fiscal year.”
The best overall Dealer of the Year trophy is awarded to the dealership that delivers outstanding performance across all areas of the business in the Mena region.
During the presentation, Phil Popham, global operations director Jaguar Land Rover, said: “We have a very strong network of dealer partners across Mena, and these awards recognise the important contribution they make to the success and future growth of the Jaguar Land Rover business in what is a key region for us globally.”
Robin Colgan, managing director for Jaguar Land Rover Mena added: “We have achieved consistent growth across the Mena region for the last fiscal year and we expect to see further growth this year. Our success is due in no small part to our dealer partners including Al Tayer Motors and our best ever model range.”
Al Tayer Motors Jaguar and Land Rover showrooms are located in Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah and Fujairah. Land Rover and Jaguar are available through Premier Motors showrooms in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain.
A new multi-brand facility in Sharjah is expected to open in the second half of the year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service