Renault Mideast Q1 sales up 18pc
Dubai, May 9, 2013
Renault Middle East has reported sales of 3,847 units for GCC, Iraq and the Levant, marking an increase of 18 per cent during the first quarter (Q1) of the year as against figures for the same period last year.
With Iran operations delivering 18,900 units, the company commanded combined market share of 3.3 per cent across the GCC, Iraq, Levant and Iran during Q1, with sales of sales of 22,747 units.
Peyman Kargar, managing director, Renault Middle East, said: ““With 18 per cent sales increase in Q1 in GCC, Iraq and Levant countries, Renault shows the huge potential of its product range.”
“Renault is in a development phase and fully committed to the Middle East Region. Renault which is combining the best ingredients for its customers, owning more than 43 per cent of Nissan Group but also more than 80 per cent of Renault Samsung Motors, is finally a great combination of French touch, Japanese technology and Korean know-how. That’s why Renault plays the difference among the other competitors.”
Across the GCC, Renault registered a 9 per cent growth confirming its position as the 4th European brand in the region.
The “Shockingly Affordable” Duster confirms its popularity, being the most selling Generalist European car and fifth highest selling vehicle in the SUV-S segment in the GCC.
In addition, the Renault Logan has kept its position as one of the top 10 highest selling cars in the B segment, whereas the recently enhanced Renault Fluence has made a mark as one of the top 20 highest selling C segment cars.
In the UAE, Renault has posted a 67 per cent increase in Q1 2013 sales compared to the same period in 2012. The Duster takes the top position as the highest selling Generalist European car in the country, and the fifth highest selling car in the SUV-S category.
In Oman, Renault is the first European brand, taking the top 3 positions among European cars in the order of Renault Fluence, Duster and Safrane. Notably, the Duster is the 4th highest selling SUV-S model in the country.
Renault is the first European car brand in Saudi Arabia, with the three popular models (Duster, Logan and Fluence) among the top 5 highest selling European brands in the country. The Renault Logan is the fifth highest selling car in the B segment, while the Renault Fluence is among the top 10 highest selling European models in Saudi Arabia.
In Iraq, Renault has registered a growth of 196 per cent in Q1 compared to same period last year, while in the Levant, Renault posted a 5 per cent increase and has a 4.3 per cent market share in the first quarter. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service