Nissan reveals Le Mans 24 Hours line-up
Dubai, May 14, 2013
Nismo ambassador and Super GT racer Michael Krumm will join GT Academy winners and Nismo athletes Lucas Ordonez and Jann Mardenborough at the Le Mans 24 Hours next month.
The three drivers will unite to race a Greaves Motorsport Zytek-Nissan in the LMP2 class. This class has an entry of 22 cars, 15 of which are powered by the Nismo-tuned Nissan VK45DE V8 engine, said a statement from Nissan.
Nissan Motor Company became the first Japanese car manufacturer to establish a regional Middle East headquarters in 1994.
Nissan operations now cover over 20 countries across the region making it one of the best represented Japanese automotive brands in the Middle East.
LMP2 is expected to be the hardest fought class at Le Mans this year so it is vital to have a bulletproof driver line-up, said the statement.
Lucas Ordonez has already proved himself at Le Mans, taking a podium finish at his first attempt in 2011 when he became the first virtual to real racer to compete in the 24 hour race.
Jann Mardenborough is hot on Lucas' heels and after narrowly missing out on a British GT title in 2012 he moved into the FIA Formula 3 Championship this year in order to fast track his learning curve and prepare him for the challenges of racing an LMP2 car at Le Mans, the statement said.
When a driver was needed to partner Lucas and Jann the first choice was Michael Krumm. A Nismo driver of long standing, Michael is the perfect mentor and team mate and he has had a lifelong ambition to win at Le Mans, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service