UAE Renault sales goes up 49pc
Dubai, May 15, 2013
Arabian Automobiles, the exclusive dealer of Renault in UAE, has witnessed a 49 per cent growth in the brand’s sales for 2013 as compared to the same four-month period last year.
In 2012, among the European brands, Renault saw it claim an additional 2 per cent market share in the UAE following the highest growth figures of any manufacturer at nearly 70 per cent for the year.
The growth since the beginning of this year results from a broadening range of available Renault models, their competitive pricing and the assurance of buying from Arabian Automobiles with its unparalleled service network across the Northern Emirates, a statement from the company said.
Ashish Goel, deputy general manager, Arabian Automobiles Renault, said: “With the onset of 2013, the business saw a double digit growth in sales thanks to growing confidence and further interest in the Renault line-up.”
“The arrival of the Renault Duster attracted a lot of interest from UAE residents and played a substantial role in increasing traffic to our showrooms. However, we are not a one model brand, and Megane and Safrane are also making impressive headway, especially into fleet markets.”
“Arabian Automobiles was awarded the ‘Dealer of the Year’ for 2012 by Renualt GCC and we are confident that our performance in 2013 will result in us receiving the award for the second consecutive year. We will continue to focus on after-sales which includes providing our customers with dedicated Renault service facilities and continual investment in the after-sales infrastructure,” Goel added.
In April this year, Renault benefitted from the opening of Arabian Automobiles’ largest facility in its network. Located on Mohammed bin Zayed Road, Sharjah, the Dh150 million ($40.8 million) development is a significant contributor to Arabian Automobiles’ growth strategy for the Renault brand in Dubai, Sharjah and the Northern Emirates. The full Renault range is housed in its own dedicated, state-of-the-art showroom with full dealer facilities available to its customers.
Since its launch in 2012, the Renault Duster has been the biggest-selling passenger vehicle for Arabian Automobiles’ Renault division, the statement said.
The 2014 Duster is now available in the market and its driving characteristics and styling is expected to be a hit among customers for the second year running, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners