Dubai Autodrome appoints new GM
Dubai, May 20, 2013
Dubai Autodrome, a motorsport venue has appointed Richard Birch as the new general manager, in place of Hamish Brown who left the company last month.
Birch has been with the company since 2006 and brings a wealth of experience in the motorsport industry and has an excellent understanding of the operational and management requirements of running a successful Autodrome, said a statement from track owners Union Properties.
Commenting on the appointment, chairman Ali Al Fardan said: "We believe he is a perfect fit for this role and will add great value to the team with his expertise and knowledge. We wish him all the best!"
Brown, who is undertaking consulting and project work from his new base in France, has been with Dubai Autodrome since 2003 and as general executive of the venue oversaw the start of the construction phase through to hosting the first international racing event in September of 2004.
Since then he has been instrumental in establishing and growing the facility as a business, a motorsport venue and a leisure hub in the heart of Motorcity. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme