Volkswagen’s new Golf GTI launched in ME
Dubai, May 22, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the exclusive dealer for Volkswagen in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has become the first dealership in the Middle East to receive the brand new Golf GTI.
Al Nabooda Automobiles is offering customers an exclusive pre-booking offer of a special limited edition GTI watch. The offer, which is valid until June 30, is available to anyone that reserves the new Golf GTI with a minimum deposit.
Thierry Seys, Volkswagen general manager, Al Nabooda Automobiles, said: “We’ve had so much interest in the new Golf GTI and we are thrilled to be the first dealership in the Middle East to receive one. We are now taking bookings for test drives and for a limited period offering customers a fantastic pre-booking offer.”
“As with all of Volkswagen’s models the new Golf GTI assures an optimal mix of comfort and safety. However, customers will be delighted to know that they can take advantage of the special GTI features, such as a sport steering wheel, GTI gear shift grip and instrument cluster, special trim strips and stainless steel pedals and foot support,” Seys added.
With more speed, better fuel economy, improved dynamics, and increased safety the arrival of the seventh generation Golf GTI will not only be welcome news to GTI and Volkswagen fans, but also to anyone that has a passion for great cars.
Powered by a turbocharged petrol direct-injection engine (TSI) with 162 kW / 220 PS, the standard GTI accelerates to 100 kmph in 6.5 seconds and reaches a top speed of 246 kmph, a statement said.
The sporty Golf GTI features its traditional red-painted brake callipers, two chrome tailpipes and sport suspension. The exterior is complemented with 17-inch “Brooklyn” GTI wheels and 225/45 size tyres, special side sills, a diffuser and smoked LED rear lights (including LED licence plate illumination).
Visual highlights in the interior are sport seats in tartan pattern (Clark), a black roofliner and red ambience lighting. Customers can also choose from the standard body colours Tornado Red, Black and Pure White.
Equipped with a Stop-Start system and with a six-speed gearbox the model attains a low DIN fuel consumption value of 6.0 l/100 km (CO2: 139 g/km). – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm