New VW Golf to arrive in Mideast
Dubai, June 24, 2013
The seventh generation of Volkswagen Golf GTI is set to arrive at dealers across the Middle East soon.
The compact sports car is powered by a turbocharged petrol, direct-injection engine (TSI) with 162 kW / 220 HP coming as standard and accelerates to 100 km/h in 6.5 seconds, reaching a top speed of 244 km/h, said a statement.
The 6-speed DSG automatic gearbox helps to reach DIN fuel consumption value of 6.01/100 km; meaning that the new Golf GTI offers an 18 per cent improvement in fuel economy compared to the previous model, it said.
Thomas Milz, managing director, said: “The new Golf GTI is sportier than ever and has been one of the most eagerly anticipated new models for 2013. The model has long been a favourite among automotive enthusiasts across the region and last year accounted for 60 per cent of all Golf model sales”.
The internal engine modifications were made, including a new thermal management system which contributes towards an 18 per cent improvement in fuel economy in the 2.0-litre TSI.
The production colours are red, black and white, as it has been typical for the Golf GTI since its early days. It also features the standard, fuel-efficient newly designed 18-inch “Austin” alloy wheels, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain