Geely launches 2 luxury cars
Manama, July 8, 2013
Chinese automotive manufacturer Geely has launched two luxury brand cars ‘Emgrand 7’ and ‘GC2’ in Bahrain recently.
The launch, at the Bahrain City Centre, was attended by Suzy Kanoo, president of International Motor Trading Agency (IMTA), the authorised dealers in the kingdom and KN Singh, vice president of IMTA.
The ‘Emgrand 7’ was awarded a four-star rating in the Chinese New Car Assessment Programme (C-NCAP), said a statement.
The exceptional performance of the cars in safety assessments marks the technological progress made by the auto maker and its pursuit to build safer vehicles, it said.
The starting price of the luxury sedan ‘Emgrand 7’ is BD3,899 ($10,342), while the small car GC2 starts at BD3,099 ($8,220).
Another model from the manufacturer, the ‘Emgrand 8’ has achieved a five-star rating, said the statement.
In the C-NCAP safety collision tests, the model outperformed many models of world-famous auto brands, and ranked the sixth among all the 147 models ever tested in C-NCAP safety collision tests, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO