Volkswagen Passat sales up 415pc in July
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Volkswagen Passat sales grew by 415 per cent in July in the Middle East, as compared to the same period last year.
The model has been revealed as the key driver behind the most successful month ever recorded for Volkswagen Middle East.
Overall Volkswagen deliveries increased by 51 per cent in July year-on-year, while the period January to July represented a growth of 32 per cent in overall deliveries compared to 2012.
Other high performing models included the Tiguan and Jetta, said a statement.
Thomas Milz, managing director, Volkswagen Middle East, said:“The Passat has proved extremely popular with our customers in the Middle East with a 2.5 litre, 170hp five-cylinder engine, six-speed automatic gearbox, and superior range of technical and design offerings, suiting the needs and discerning tastes of this market.”
“Despite challenging global market conditions, we are experiencing a steady increase in the Middle East and achieved record growth in deliveries for the first half of 2013, as well as for the month of July,” said Milz.
Results for the first half of 2013 revealed continued strong performances for the Touareg and Tiguan, said the statement.
The figures also indicated a strong start for the new seventh generation Volkswagen Golf and Golf GTI both of which arrived in the region earlier this year, it added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain