Al Nabooda showcases 1968 Audi 60 in Dubai
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the authorised dealer of Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has placed on display a 1968 model Audi 60 in its showroom.
The signature model was first brought to the UAE in the 1970s by Khalifa Juma Al Nabooda and is sure to be a hit with classic car lovers, said a statement.
The vibrant red Audi 60, which still has all its original parts, including the fitted window blinds, is fully functional and safe for Dubai’s roads, reinforcing the car manufacturer and Audi Dubai’s commitment to quality engineering, it said.
The car has a 1.5 litre engine and is part of the F103, the internal designation for a series of car models produced by Auto Union in West Germany from 1965 to 1972, derived from the earlier DKW F102. To signify the change from a two-stroke to a four-stroke engine, the DKW marque was dropped in favour of Audi, a name which had not been used since before the Second World War.
“It is a great honour to display this historic Audi to our showroom and place it side by side with today’s models such as the R8 and TT”, said Ali Al Nabooda, general manager for ANA - Audi Dubai.
“We are offering our customers an insight into the history of Al Nabooda Automobiles and its partnership with Audi. This car is great example of how Audi has grown and developed in the local market.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain