Al Nabooda showcases 1968 Audi 60 in Dubai
Dubai, August 19, 2013
Al Nabooda Automobiles, the authorised dealer of Audi in Dubai and the Northern Emirates, has placed on display a 1968 model Audi 60 in its showroom.
The signature model was first brought to the UAE in the 1970s by Khalifa Juma Al Nabooda and is sure to be a hit with classic car lovers, said a statement.
The vibrant red Audi 60, which still has all its original parts, including the fitted window blinds, is fully functional and safe for Dubai’s roads, reinforcing the car manufacturer and Audi Dubai’s commitment to quality engineering, it said.
The car has a 1.5 litre engine and is part of the F103, the internal designation for a series of car models produced by Auto Union in West Germany from 1965 to 1972, derived from the earlier DKW F102. To signify the change from a two-stroke to a four-stroke engine, the DKW marque was dropped in favour of Audi, a name which had not been used since before the Second World War.
“It is a great honour to display this historic Audi to our showroom and place it side by side with today’s models such as the R8 and TT”, said Ali Al Nabooda, general manager for ANA - Audi Dubai.
“We are offering our customers an insight into the history of Al Nabooda Automobiles and its partnership with Audi. This car is great example of how Audi has grown and developed in the local market.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer