GMC Mideast sales up 8pc in July
Dubai, August 20, 2013
GMC recorded its best ever July sales in the Middle East, with a total of 3,180 GMC vehicles sold, up from 2,946 in July 2012, marking an increase of 8 per cent year-on-year.
Sales of the Terrain crossover rose 29 per cent compared to the same period last year. Figures increased 17 percent year-on-year in the UAE and 8 percent in Saudi Arabia, GMC’s largest market in the Middle East.
Meanwhile, sales of the Yukon full size SUV, GMC’s most popular nameplate, jumped by an impressive 19 percent year-on-year in July across the region driven by strength in the UAE and Saudi Arabia. Sales in both countries rose 42 per cent and 22 per cent respectively.
Dealers recorded best July sales in 8 years for the Sierra heavy duty pickup, as figures jumped 35 per cent compared to the same period last year.
“July was an excellent sales month for one of the most respected and best-loved automotive brands in the Middle East. I look forward to a strong performance by GMC in the second half of 2013,” said Nadim Ghrayeb, GMC regional brand manager for General Motors Middle East. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi