Lexus to compete in Japan's Super GT Series
Tokyo, August 20, 2013
Lexus Racing has announced that a new racing car based on the Lexus LF-CC (Lexus Future Captivating Coupe) concept will compete in the top-tier GT500 class of the Super GT Series starting next season.
The new race car will replace the Lexus SC 430 that has been used in Super GT races and secured 17 victories and 44 podium finishes since 2006, as well as two Season Championships.
The Lexus LF-CC is a two-door coupe concept with a front-engine and rear-wheel drive, and debuted at the Paris Motor Show in September 2012.
It features a dynamic exterior with an emphasis on aerodynamics and cooling performance. Vehicle shakedown testing for the next season, which begins in April 2014, began at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan on Friday. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Japan |
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo
- Toyota Corolla launched in the UAE