UAE to highlight motor sport at Africa summit
Dubai, August 25, 2013
The Automobile and Touring Club of UAE (ATCUAE) will highlight its role in the development of motor sports in the Emirates at an upcoming summit in Botswana.
The two-day annual meeting of the FIA Confederation of African Countries is set to be held on August 29. FIA President Jean Todt will be among senior officials in attendance.
Dr Mohammed Ben Sulayem, president of ATCUAE will outline his role as chairman of the new task force set up to build a ten-year plan for motor sport’s global development.
Delegates will later attend a full-day’s training programme delivered by the ATCUAE’s training and education arm, the Motorsport Knowledge Institute (MKI), with the aim of developing and improving African motor sport.
The MKI is one of five national motor sport authorities entrusted to provide training to its counterparts on behalf of the FIA.
The training programme in Gaborone, Botswana’s capital, is being co-funded by the FIA Institute whose President, Gérard Saillant, will also be attending.
It will focus on methods to reinforce event organisation within the FIA African Rally Championship and on route planning to ensure highly competitive but safe events.
The training programme is being delivered at the special request of FIA Vice-President Surinder Thatti of Kenya, Sulayem’s counterpart in the African zone. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm