Dubai RTA launches motorcycles testing service
Dubai, August 29, 2013
The Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai plans to launch motorcycles’ testing service next September in collaboration with some of the technical testing centers in the Emirate.
The new service would be launched in some of the approved technical testing centers in Dubai which contributed to the provision of special tracks for testing using approved global technological techniques, said Abdullah Abdul Rahman, acting director of Vehicles Licensing at RTA.
The centers assisted the RTA in providing the necessary requirements set by the Authority in order to achieve safety on roads, including the pursuit of inspection centers to provide special lanes concerned with motorcycles inspections only, he added.
They are also in line with the international standards regarding size, as well as making available the best and most modern technologies in the field of testing at the hands of professionals who have extensive experience in driving motorcycles, Rahman explained.
“This service comes in the framework of the project the Agency intends to launch in 2014 on behalf of Vehicle Inspection Management System concerned with the management of technical inspection centers,” Rahman said.
“The technical inspection service for motorcycles will meet the needs of its users, whether private or those who are part of transport and delivery companies, restaurants, or shops through directing them to places of authorized service providers in Dubai,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Bahrain motor show opens today
- Bahrain motor show to line-up top models
- GM shakes up auto industry, names first woman CEO
- Nissan Tiida named ‘Best Budget Hatchback’
- Arabian Automobiles inks Infiniti purchase deal
- Record launches at Dubai motor show
- Harley-Davidson Mena backs UN food programme
- Dubai, Riyadh transport plans win praise
- Gulf traffic expo kicks off in Dubai
- 100 global firms for Gulf traffic expo