Tech Mahindra inks Volvo contract
Duai, September 12, 2013
Tech Mahindra, a global IT, engineering and business services company specializing in providing connected solutions to enable future-ready digital enterprises, has signed an outsourcing contract for application maintenance and development with Volvo Car Corporation
As per the contract, Tech Mahindra will provide Volvo Cars with application maintenance and development across multiple domains, including manufacturing, product development, marketing, sales and reporting.
"We are delighted to be selected by Volvo Cars to support this suite of applications and develop and implement new applications to help them in their drive to increase efficiency and reduce business costs," said Vikram Nair, the Europe head, Tech Mahindra.
Tech Mahindra, he stated, was selected for its proven track record of delivering large scale application maintenance and development and for its global reach and scale.
"We see this contract as an opportunity to increase our contribution to Volvo cars and further develop our business in the region. Our plans include proactive investment and recruitment from both local universities and the local business domain pool," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Audi to develop new compact SUV
- UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
- Chevrolet Silverado wins top award
- Drive Dubai to open 2 new branches
- Hertz opens branch at Dubai World Central
- Motor Show boost for automotive industry
- Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
- Bahrain tests lighting for F1 night race
- French carmakers race to reclaim Iran
- Bosch plans 110 car service centres in GCC