Hertz appoints sales agent in Turkey
Dubai, September 23, 2013
The Hertz Corporation has appointed AiRep Aviation & Tourism, one of Turkey’s largest travel management companies, as its outbound general sales agent (GSA) representative for the travel trade in Turkey.
The recently signed partnership will see AiRep Aviation & Tourism tasked with growing Hertz outbound car rentals from Turkey to more than 8,800 Hertz locations in 150 countries.
That growth will likely be aided by the increasing number of Turkish travellers in recent years to popular destinations such as the US and Europe. According to the Turkish Ministry of Tourism, more than 11 million Turkish passport holders travelled abroad in 2012, while experts in the country estimate that by 2015, the number could increase to 16 million.
“With a population of 73.6 million and an average GDP growth rate of 4.6 per cent expected over the next five years, we see Turkey as a key source market for Hertz outbound car rentals and integral to our long-term growth strategy,” said Michel Taride, group president of Hertz International.
“Turkey generates millions of tourists every year, while Hertz outbound car rentals from the country between January and August 2013 increased by 27 per cent versus the same period last year. We are delighted to be aligned with AiRep Aviation & Tourism, whose extensive market knowledge and presence makes them an ideal partner to advance this growth.”
Taride added that the US, Italy, Germany, France, and Greece are currently the top five destinations for Turkish travellers choosing to rent with Hertz, accounting for a combined 67 per cent of the total mentioned growth so far this year. Other popular global destinations include Spain, the UAE, Benelux, Switzerland and Austria.
Ferzan Ünlüsoy, general manager of AiRep Aviation & Tourism, said: “We are committed to providing Turkey’s travel trade professionals and their customers with the best range of travel products available on the market today.
“This partnership with Hertz will allow us to extend this offering further and we are looking forward to establishing AiRep Aviation & Tourism as the face of Hertz within the travel trade in Turkey.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service