Al Tayer Motors opens Sharjah showroom
Sharjah, October 1, 2013
UAE-based Al Tayer Motors, a premier automobile dealership, has announced the opening of its new Dh200 million ($54.4 million) showroom near the Tasjeel Auto Village in Sharjah.
The new facility, which is located close to the Sharjah airport, was inaugurated by Sheikh Sultan bin Muhammad bin Sultan Al Qasimi, Crown Prince and Deputy Ruler of Sharjah.
Present at the launch were Sheikh Mohammed bin Saud Al Qasimi, the chairman of the Department of Central Finance, Matar Humaid Al Tayer, the board member, Al Tayer Motors; Dr Tariq Humaid Al Tayer, the director, Al Tayer Motors; Elena Ford, VP (Global Dealer and Consumer Experience) Ford Motor Company, Jim Benintende, the president, Ford MEA; Kalyana Sivagnanam, the director - Ford Middle East and Sub Saharan Africa, Export & Growth, and Larry Prein, the MD for Ford Middle East.
Speaking at the launch, Al Tayer Motors CEO Ashok Khanna, said; "The opening of the facility, which is one of the largest in Sharjah, strengthens our commitment to the emirate, and to residents who are able to conveniently access the leading global automotive brands that we represent through this facility. It has been built to accommodate our projected requirements over the medium to long term."
Located on Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road, the facility enables Jaguar customers to service their cars in the emirate for the first time.
A number of environmentally friendly technologies have been used for the water systems, car wash, air conditioning and lighting systems to minimize the facility’s carbon footprint, explained Khanna.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer