Range Rover Evoque in off-road adventure
Amman, October 6, 2013
Land Rover’s European and Middle Eastern brand ambassadors were in for a dramatic journey from the airport to the Frankfurt Motor Show, when their chauffeur-driven 14 MY Range Rover Evoque left the highway for an extreme off-road ‘shortcut.’
Hidden camera footage has been released that shows their reactions, as their route features a series of hazards including side inclines, steep gradients, loose surfaces and a pyramid of pallets.
“Our brand ambassadors all share Land Rover’s spirit of adventure, but none of them were prepared for what was in store in an everyday drive across Frankfurt,” said Land Rover Global brand director John Edwards.
“We had a lot of fun making the films, but at the same time we have been able to demonstrate in a unique location that the Evoque is much more than one of the world’s most stylish vehicles, it’s also a genuine Land Rover with the legendary handling and performance that define the brand.”
Amjad Saeed, general manager of Mahmoudia Motors, the sole dealer of the Jaguar and Land Rover brands in Jordan, said: “We eagerly look forward to introducing the 14MY Range Rover Evoque to our Jordanian customer base, offering them yet another dynamic driving experience that combines optimum performance with seamless design.”
The updated Evoque features the ZF-9HP automatic transmission, delivering improved economy, reduced emissions, enhance performance and comfort.
Active Driveline, an ‘on-demand’ four-wheel-drive system which enhances agility and improves fuel efficiency by operating in front-wheel drive only is available on option. The new system monitors vehicle dynamics and automatically reconnects four-wheel-drive (within 300 milliseconds) whenever it is needed.
The film footage has gone live on Land Rover’s social media channels, global website and Evoque micro-site this week, showing the Evoque in action, and the surprised reactions of the passengers on board, under the banner ‘There’s more than one way to take on the city’. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm