Abu Dhabi Police gears up for Eid traffic
Abu Dhabi, October 12, 2013
The Abu Dhabi Police Traffic and Patrols Directorate said it has readied a comprehensive traffic plan to make roads safer across the emirate during the Eid Al Adha holidays.
This is in pursuance of the Abu Dhabi Police GHQ’s strategy and its outreach plan to provide traffic safety and curtail accidents in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and the Western Region during the peak Eid rush, said a senior official.
Brigadier Hussein Ahmed Al Harthi, the director of Traffic and Patrol Directorate at Abu Dhabi Police, said concerted efforts will be intensified to reduce causes that lead to traffic accidents during the Eid Al-Adha holidays.
"This campaign is part of the awareness initiative launched by the Abu Dhabi Police for the festive season in line with the “Your Safety” campaign implemented by the Security Media Department at the General Secretariat of the Office of the Deputy PM and Minister of Interior.
Wishing everyone a Happy Eid, Al Harithi cautioned the motorists against using mobile phones or reading text messages while driving as a slight distraction on roads could result in major traffic accidents leading to even death.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- F1 clinches Mideast TV rights deal
- Daimler gets Aston Martin stake in engine supply deal
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success