McLaren M26 F1 racing car will be a hot favourite at the auction.
UAE gears up for classic car auction
Abu Dhabi, October 29, 2013
The car lovers and collectors of the UAE and Gulf region will for the first time be able to bid for the best of the classic, luxury and unique cars - through a live simulcast auction in North Carolina (US) - at the Emirates Palace in Abu Dhabi.
More than 70 amazing cars, including a historical F1 GP winner racing car, will up for bids during the live US simulcast auction on November 2 (Saturday) from 8pm till midnight.
The first 'UAE Classic and Unique Cars Auction' is being held and organised by the RKMCCA, a well established car auction network in the US, while the Emirates Palace branch of the National Bank of Abu Dhabi will guarantee all the financial transactions taking place on Saturday night.
The selected and pre-qualified bidders will also have the chance to set their hands on other unique pieces such as a 1954 Mercedes Gullwing, or an original, very early made Lamborghini Countach, or again a 1963 Corvette, said the event organisers.
"But the most precious piece of the auction will certainly be the McLaren M26 F1 racing car, driven to win three GPs in the 1977 world championship by James Hunt: this magnificent piece of racing history will be on display at the Emirates Palace on Saturday, the night before the F1 World Championship close in Abu Dhabi," the organisers stated.
One lucky bidder will be able to take it home there and then, even before the Sunday race, they added.
The organizers plan to make this event an Abu Dhabi classic event in future years, with fall and spring sessions, to bring to the UAE capital the most distinguished and unique cars from the world’s best collections.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show