Chevrolet Impala wins top sedan award at MEMA
Dubai, October 30, 2013
The 2014 Chevrolet Impala won the top honour in the Large Sedan category at the Middle East Motor Awards (MEMA) 2013, which took place yesterday (October 29) in Sharjah.
The 2014 full-size flagship sedan was nominated in the Best Large Sedan category based on a slew of criteria comprising performance prowess, head-turning design, a spacious refined interior, advanced technologies and great value.
The winning vehicle was then selected by a highly-acclaimed judging panel – featuring the Middle East’s most renowned automotive journalists – following a comprehensive seven-month assessment period.
Attendees at the prestigious gala award ceremony included Maurice Williams, president and managing director of GM Middle East Operations and Markus Leithe, regional marketing director.
“It is a true honor to have received the coveted Best Large Sedan Award at this year’s Middle East Motor Awards,” said Williams.
“Such recognition – stemming from the region’s leading annual automotive awards – is further testament to the 2014 Chevrolet Impala’s extensive roster of pioneering features, introduced to ensure the highest standards in design quality and performance.”
Introducing new levels of comfort and technology, the new full-size sedan presents one of the most comprehensive collections of standard and available safety features in the segment, such as 10 standard air bags, forward collision alert, lane departure warning and side blind zone alert.
Inside, the 2014 Impala offers spacious front and rear legroom, generous storage and smartphone-influenced connectivity with MyLink, Chevrolet’s new infotainment system.
Powered by a 3.6-litre V6 engine featuring fuel-saving direct injection and lightweight components, it provides an excellent fuel economy of 8.1 litre/100km (highway). – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi