‘Run to Yas’ rolls on to Yas Marina Circuit
Abu Dhabi, November 3, 2013
The Run to Yas rolled onto Yas Island, to Yas Marina Circuit today (November 3) just in time for the Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The arrival marks the end of a four-day journey that saw the group travel from Muscat, Oman and throughout the UAE – traversing desert landscapes, conquering Jebel Hafeet and running speed trials at Abu Dhabi’s Al Bateen Executive Airport along the way, said a statement.
Fifteen supercar owners and enthusiasts from across the globe took part in the inaugural Run to Yas, starting in Muscat on October 29. The convoy included a range of supercars including a new Ferrari F12, a vintage Porsche Turbo S and a Lamborghini Aventa, it said.
“The inaugural Run to Yashas been exhilarating and the welcome we have received in Abu Dhabi, second to none,” said ChrisWelch, co-founder of the Run to Yas.
“The scenery, sights and sounds and driving conditions throughout Abu Dhabi have exceeded all expectations and we couldn’t think of a better finale to the Run to Yas than watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina Circuit.”
Geordie Barry, the Run to Yas travel writer, who rode alongside the convoy to record and report on the journey, will share details of his journey through the circuit’s social media communities in the coming days. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm