‘Run to Yas’ rolls on to Yas Marina Circuit
Abu Dhabi, November 3, 2013
The Run to Yas rolled onto Yas Island, to Yas Marina Circuit today (November 3) just in time for the Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
The arrival marks the end of a four-day journey that saw the group travel from Muscat, Oman and throughout the UAE – traversing desert landscapes, conquering Jebel Hafeet and running speed trials at Abu Dhabi’s Al Bateen Executive Airport along the way, said a statement.
Fifteen supercar owners and enthusiasts from across the globe took part in the inaugural Run to Yas, starting in Muscat on October 29. The convoy included a range of supercars including a new Ferrari F12, a vintage Porsche Turbo S and a Lamborghini Aventa, it said.
“The inaugural Run to Yashas been exhilarating and the welcome we have received in Abu Dhabi, second to none,” said ChrisWelch, co-founder of the Run to Yas.
“The scenery, sights and sounds and driving conditions throughout Abu Dhabi have exceeded all expectations and we couldn’t think of a better finale to the Run to Yas than watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at Yas Marina Circuit.”
Geordie Barry, the Run to Yas travel writer, who rode alongside the convoy to record and report on the journey, will share details of his journey through the circuit’s social media communities in the coming days. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Hyundai Elantra sales jump 90pc in UAE
- Jeddah gears up for Saudi motor show
- ALJ plans big car assembly plant in Saudi
- Infiniti launches new models in Lebanon
- UAE Dial-A-Battery services in big demand
- Honda recalls Acura sedans over loose bolts
- Lincoln MKZ makes Bahrain debut
- Monster trucks drive motor show success
- Hyundai to unveil concept car in 2014
- Isuzu D-Max pickup unveiled in Bahrain