New Rav4 sales up 73pc in UAE
Dubai, November 4, 2013
The all-new RAV4 is one of the star performers in the Toyota line up with its sales increasing by 73 per cent compared to the same period last year in the UAE.
The vehicle was recently named the ‘Best Cross-Over’ at the 2013 Middle East Motor Awards.
Commenting on the RAV4’s success, Jon Williams, managing director, Al-Futtaim Motors, said: “RAV4 has met with remarkable interest from our customers, which is reflected in the outstanding sales performance so far this year. Winning the title of Best Cross-Over at the Middle East Motor Awards adds to its success and confirms that the car appeals to customers and industry experts alike.”
Williams added: “The latest RAV4 not only builds on the success of previous generations, but also embodies fun and style, core characteristics of Toyota’s new design direction”.
With its reinvented bold and athletic styling, balanced performance and class-leading cargo capacity, the all new RAV4 is the perfect car for the young at heart looking for a fuel efficient, fun to drive, affordable SUV which is ready for all challenges, he said.
The new RAV4’s six-speed transmission offers 10 per cent faster acceleration, 5 per cent better fuel efficiency, a quieter cabin at high speeds and a smoother ride compared to the previous model, he said.
The RAV4 is available as a 2WD and 4WD with prices ranging from Dh89,900 to Dh124,900. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer