Euro Motors launches BMW X5 in Bahrain
Manama, November 6, 2013
Euro Motors, official BMW Group importer in Bahrain, has launched all-new BMW X5, a sports activity vehicle.
Fitted with the sporty ‘M’ body kit, the third generation model debuted in the Grand Galleria at the Bahrain City Centre recently. It offers more space, comfort, power and functionality, said a statement.
Established in 1999, the first generation BMW X5 was the first vehicle of its kind to combine superior dynamics on-road with impressive off-road characteristics and has been a market leader in its segment since inception, it said. It accounted for almost a third of all BMW models sold globally.
The model will be available in a choice of new suspension packages including the adaptive suspension comfort, dynamic, professional and adaptive M suspension, all of which provides further enhanced ride comfort.
The interior features a selection of high quality leather and trims, atmospheric lighting options and increased spaciousness. It also comes with an optional third row of seats, which will turn it into a seven-seater.
The BMW iDrive controller features a new touch sensitive controller for intuitive and convenient operations of the iDrive system. Users can now write letters on the surface of the controller, instead of having to scroll for letter input.
Customers can also personalise thier vehicle with Pure Experience and Pure Excellence design packages, in addition to the M Sport package.
BMW Twin Power Turbo technology and additional BMW EfficientDynamics features ensure that the new BMW X5 is faster and more efficient. The newly enhance engine variant, the BMW X5 xDrive50i, with a new generation of the V8 petrol engine (330 kW/450 hp), gives 10 per cent more power power than the predecessor X5 model.
The automaker’s commitment to reducing fuel consumption and emissions gives way to weight minimisation features, optimised air guidance, enhanced engine technology and the standard-fitted – and extremely efficient – eight-speed automatic gearbox with additional BMW EfficientDynamics technology; Auto Start Stop function, ECO PRO mode including coasting function and Proactive Driving Assistant.
Paul Yates, Euro Motors‘ general manager, said: “ Building on the strong base by previous models, while simultaneously improving comfort, design, performance and power the new BMW X5 is certain to be a success in Bahrain and will continue to drive growth of the BMW brand here in the kingdom.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm