Audi A3 Sedan wins top automotive award
Ingolstadt/Berlin, November 13, 2013
The new A3 Sedan has won one of the most coveted awards in the automotive industry – the Golden Steering Wheel 2013.
This year there were a total of 49 candidates for the award, the winner of which is chosen jointly by the readers of “Auto Bild” and “Bild am Sonntag” together with a panel of experts. The Audi A3 Sedan came out on top in the “Middle Class” category.
The award is already the 23rd Golden Steering Wheel for the company in the 38-year history of the award – no other brand has won more. The new Audi A3 Sedan is the first notchback model from Audi in the compact premium segment.
Guests from the worlds of business, politics and the media attended the awards ceremony at Axel Springer Haus.
“Auto Bild” and “Bild am Sonntag” have been making the Golden Steering Wheel awards annually to the best new automobiles since 1976. There are six categories of award: Small/Compact Cars, Middle Class, Cabriolets/Coupés, Vans, SUVs, and Upper/Luxury Class. – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Auto Bild |
More Motoring Stories
- New Peugeot showroom opened in Qatar
- Chesterton enters automobile appraisals
- Mercedes' Rosberg wins Australian GP
- 2014 Range Rover Hybrid launched in Jordan
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker