Nissan to showcase gold-painted GT-R
Dubai, November 19, 2013
Nissan will showcase a gold-painted GT-R on tour across the region after its first viewing at the Dubai International Motor Show which concluded recently.
Earlier this year, Nissan customised a GT-R for double Olympic 100m and 200m gold medalist Usain Bolt, in recognition of his contribution to Nissan as its ‘Director of Excitement’. Based on the 2013 model year Nissan GT-R, this already customised example was further personalised to suit Bolt’s driving style and then finished in suitably exclusive gold paint.
At the handover ceremony, Bolt also signed the only other gold GT-R to have been produced by Nissan and gave it his official seal of approval by signing the bonnet. It is this unique example, still featuring ‘Mr Bolt’s’ signature, which will be on tour across the Middle East.
Samir Cherfan, managing director, Nissan Middle East, said: “Usain Bolt was a Nissan GT-R owner long before he became directly involved with the brand, attracted by the staggering performance of our legendary supercar.
“The relationship between the multi-gold medal winning athlete and Nissan has since led to the recent announcement of Bolt becoming brand ambassador for the 196mph GT-R and honorary ‘Director of Excitement’ for the Nissan brand. Known for delivering innovation and excitement, we are delighted in providing a great opportunity for visitors to view the gold Nissan GT-R, signed by Usain which celebrates the relationship between these two legends of speed.” – TradeArabia News Service
Tags: nissan |
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm