Toyota plans grand launch at Tokyo show
Tokyo, November 19, 2013
Toyota Motor Corporation will unveil five world-premiere concept vehicles in its Toyota exhibit at the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show which opens tomorrow (November 20) and runs till December 1.
Under the slogan "Fun to Drive, Again,"the concept vehicles convey Toyota’s vision of a future mobility society that values the joy of driving. The vehicles on display embody Toyota’s efforts to contribute positively to society while creating ever-better cars that exceed expectations.
The booth will also feature the “Aqua G Sports” compact sports hybrid, the “Toyota i-Road,” a personal mobility vehicle which made its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March this year, and the “FT-86 Open concept”, a rear-wheel-drive sports convertible.
The vehicle has a driving range of at least 500 km and refueling times as low as three minutes, roughly the same time as for a gasoline vehicle, said the Toyota statement.
The FV2 is a concept car that can express Toyota’s “Fun to Drive” philosophy even in a future world in which vehicle technology has greatly progressed. The vehicle enhances the driving experience by connecting physically and emotionally with the driver, becoming more fun to drive the more it is used.
Physical connection: Rather than using a steering wheel, the Toyota FV2 is operated by the driver shifting his or her body to intuitively move the vehicle forward and back, left and right.
In addition, by using intelligent transport system technology to connect with other vehicles in the area and traffic infrastructure, the Toyota FV2 helps enable safe driving by providing a wide variety of safety information, including advance warnings about vehicles in blind spots at intersections.
JPN Taxi Concept (world premiere)
A next-generation taxi concept car created with Japanese hospitality in mind, the JPN Taxi Concept aims to enliven city streets.
The JPN Taxi Concept offers ease of ingress and egress and a comfortable interior space with a body size that allows for outstanding maneuverability.
The large electrically operated doors and low, flat floor enable passengers to board and exit in comfort, particularly children and seniors. The open, roomy interior has been designed to ensure ease-of-use at all times.
The JPN Taxi Concept uses a new, economical liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) hybrid system with excellent environmental performance optimized for taxi driving patterns.
The vehicle has been created in line with the Japanese Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism’s promotion of barrier-free buses and taxis tailored to regional needs.
Voxy Concept and Noah Concept (world premieres)
The Voxy and Noah concepts are next-generation spacious minivans that provide the roomy interior needed by families and integrate higher levels of fun, utility and fuel economy. A new, low-floor package creates a class-leading roomy interior with outstanding ease of ingress and egress. These seven-seater vehicles feature ultra-long sliding Captain Seats1 in the second row, a first for its class, providing a diverse range of seating arrangements.
Aqua G Sports
The Aqua G Sports is a fun-to-drive, sports-conversion compact hybrid sports car with powerful, sleek and inspiring styling and excellent fuel efficiency. The vehicle has been fully tuned by Gazoo Racing drivers to offer a wider range of consumers a taste of racing and the joy of driving.
The Toyota i-Road is an ultra-compact mobility package that provides the convenience of a motorcycle and the comfort and stability of a car, offering an enjoyable riding experience unlike either a car or a motorcycle.
FT-86 Open concept (Japan premiere)
The FT-86 Open concept, based on the rear-wheel-drive "86"sports car, was created to explore future sports car variations.
With an electrically operated soft top, the vehicle adds that “open-top thrill” to the joy of driving and sense of oneness with the vehicle offered by the hard-top 86. A new “Flash Red” body color, used specifically for the Tokyo Motor Show, gives a twist to the iconic sports-car red.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer