Bahrain technician wins GCC skills contest
Manama, December 1, 2013
An employee of Ebrahim K Kanoo, the sole distributor of Toyota and Lexus in Bahrain, has won the first place in “The 2013 GCC Technicians Skills Grand Prix” which organised by Toyota in the kingdom.
The six technicians from Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and UAE, who have been qualified to participate in this GCC Skills Contest, were ranked first in their respective national skills contest during 2013.
The main objective of this competition is to improve technical skills to truly achieve the best customer satisfaction, to increase the motivation of technicians to enhance their loyalty and to improve the reliability and the reputation of Toyota as a leading automotive manufacturer.
The contest focused on the general skills category through written and practical tests. The practical part consisted of 3 separate sections: Engine, Maintenance and Unit Repair.
In the Engine section, the contestants competed using their diagnosis and repair skills, while in the Maintenance section the contestants competed in performing the 40,000 km periodic maintenance accurately and quickly. The Unit section aimed to test the contestants’ fundamental work skills using vehicle components.
Michael Goode, chairman of the GCC SGP Committee and General Manager of Service at EK Kanoo said: “We are delighted to organise the 2013 GCC Technicians Skills Grand Prix in Bahrain, which aims to promote and encourage vocational education and improve the technical skills in order to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction in all Toyota Service Centers.”
Once the contest was concluded and the results were announced, the Chairman of the GCC SGP Committee along with Toyota Motor Corporation top officials awarded all the contestants and handed over the trophies to the top winners, wherein Susanth Kumar, the contestant from Bahrain, won the gold medal, the participant from Oman received the silver medal and the participant from Kuwait obtained the bronze medal.
The first winner will attend the Champions Assembly which will be held in Japan next year. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week