UAE cars in new Guinness record bid
Abu Dhabi, December 4, 2013
As many as 638 participants with decorated cars gathered at Yas Island on UAE’s National Day in an attempt to set the Guinness World Records title for the ‘Largest Parade of Decorated Cars.’
Strict Guinness World Records guidelines saw only 171 passing the rigorous testing phase resulting in the UAE falling short of the title by 46 cars.
Despite narrowly missing the title, the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) and Life and Style Show UAE have praised Emiratis and expatriates for their effort.
"On behalf of Guinness World Records it was a real pleasure witnessing the attempt for the largest parade of decorated cars. The spirit was beautiful and the cars were amazing," said Samer Khallouf, project manager for Guinness World Records.
Dmg events, the owners of the For dmg events – owners of the Life & Style Show UAE which debuts its inaugural three-day run at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre this week said the record bid was a truly unique happening.
Ashley Roberts, the event director for dmg events Middle East, said: “We are thrilled to have been part of such an iconic day and we would like to thank everyone who participated in the parade. At dmg events we focus on creating unique experiences that bring people together over shared interests and the car parade is just one example of how we will bring people together at the Life & Style Show UAE."
Three of the best designs from the parade will be on display at the show, to be held from December 5 to 7. One car will also be named the ‘UAE’s Best Dressed Car’ by a panel of judges at the show. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm