Audi to unveil new Sport quattro concept car
Las Vegas, January 2, 2014
Leading German automaker Audi is set to unveil its Sport quattro laserlight concept car at an event in Las Vegas (US) next week.
The Consumer Electronics Show will run from January 6 to 10, said a statement.
Prof Dr Ulrich Hackenberg, a member of the Audi board, Technical Development, said: “The new show car demonstrates technical ‘Vorsprung’ on many levels. On-board this car we have e-tron technology with 515 kW of power and 2.5 l/100 km (94.09 US mpg) fuel economy; laser headlights; and new display and operating systems with cutting-edge electronic performance.”
The coupe, a new evolutionary stage of the Sport quattro concept, is painted in plasma red colour Plasma Red and set over large wheels with short overhangs and a sporty balance.
The automaker has combined matrix LED and laser light technologies in its dual headlights, which can illuminate the road for a distance of nearly 500 metres.
It features the angular, swept-back C pillars of the Audi Sport quattro laserlight concept car; hexagonal single-frame grille, a nearly vertical lower section, while the upper follows the contour of the hood.
The interior of the model includes two buttons which the driver can use to control the hybrid drive, a red start-stop button, a button for the Audi drive select vehicle handling system and a "View" button to control the Audi virtual cockpit.
All key information is shown on a large display in high-resolution, three-dimensional graphics, with a Tegra 30 processor from Nvidia, which processes the graphics.
Its combustion engine is a four-litre V8 with biturbo charging, with a cylinder on demand (COD) system, which deactivates four cylinders under part load and a start-stop system. Located between the 4.0 TFSI and the transmission is a disc-shaped electric motor that produces 110 kW and 400 Nm. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm