Qatar set for big motor show
Dubai, January 15, 2014
Qatar International Motor Show (QMS), one of the premier events on the country’s events calendar, will be back in Doha next month at a new venue with a lots of surprise new features.
The Qatar motor show, which drew a 150,000-strong crowd last year, is expecting a much bigger turnout when it kicks off on February 21 at the Qatar National Convention Centre.
Organised by the Qatar Tourism Authority in partnership with q.media and for the first time ever – Fira Barcelona, as well as Ooredoo being the official telecom sponsor and Airlink as the official freight forwarder; the week-long event offers visitors the chance to discover the latest technology in car manufacturing and design and provides a platform for trade professionals to come together.
On display will be the latest models and technology in the automotive industry as well as surprises, to be announced gradually, said the Qatari officials at a press conference.
"Events such as the QMS play an important role in cementing Qatar’s position as a leading events destination in the region. The motor show successfully combines trade and consumer interests in one of the premier events on Qatar’s events calendar," remarked Hamad Alabdan, the director of exhibitions, QTA.
"With the addition of Fira Barcelona to Q-Media as partners of this year’s Show, we look forward to setting new records for attendance and participation," he said.
“Qatar, already a leading MICE destination, will see further growth in the meetings and exhibitions industry under the new strategy, which brings new focus to our efforts to develop all segments of tourism in the country,” added Alabdan.
Jaber Al Ansari, the deputy group CEO Entertainment for q. Media, said: “We are delighted to partner again with QTA to bring this prestigious automotive event to Qatar and this time joined by Fira Barcelona onboard too. It provides us with an opportunity to communicate important messages such as safe driving as well as being able to share new technology and designs with the industry and general public."
"We are looking forward to a bigger and better Qatar International Motor Show in 2014 and will be announcing further details of the show over the next couple of weeks,” stated Al Ansari.
Fira Barcelona is a leading Spanish trade and industrial show organizer with a portfolio of over 70 different shows. Its involvement for the first time, will add a new dimension to The Qatar Motor Show.
Ricard Zapatero, the international director of Fira de Barcelona said: "Fira is honoured to be part of such an important event and pleased to share our expertise of almost a century of organizing motor shows that began in 1919. We believe that QMS will grow in the following years to become a major event in the international automotive calendar and a region landmark."
The new look and feel of QMS logo was unveiled at the press conference. The logo reflects the new movement of the car throughout light, modernity, rush, movement, swift and many other elements, said the organisers.
The Qatar Motor Show will be open from 4pm to 10pm on weekdays and from 1pm to 10pm on weekends. Entrance is free on all days, they added.-TradeArabia News Service
Tags: Qatar International Motor Show |
More Motoring Stories
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service