UK's auto firms set for big Bahrain show
Manama, January 18, 2014
Some of the UK's leading car and motorcycle manufacturers, as well as key environmental, manufacturing and engineering organisations, will showcase their engineering prowess on Saturday at a conference.
The Advanced Engineering and Innovation Conference, at the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC), will bring together more than 250 delegates for an exhibition of British car and motorcycle manufacturers including McLaren, Bentley, Rolls-Royce, Mini, Aston Martin, Land Rover, Jaguar, Triumph and JCB.
Sponsored by the Economic Development Board, the conference is being held as part of the Great British Week celebrations.
Delegates will travel to the BIC on newly-designed London Routemaster buses that have been brought to Bahrain especially for the event.
It will also see companies across an array of sectors, including the Ordnance Survey/ Survey and Land Registration Bureau and Blue Water Bio, take part in the event.
Alongside the business-focused activity, the Formula One pit garages at the BIC will host an exclusive demonstration by McLaren Group of the new P1 plug-in hybrid supercar and 12C sports car.
A demonstration by pupils of St Christopher's School will also be held as they take part in the "F1 in schools" global educational initiative.
Speakers at the event will include McLaren's P1 programme director Paul Mackenzie, McLaren Applied Technologies market development lead Jim Newton, Rolls-Royce Aero customer marketing director Jason Sutcliff and Scottish entrepreneur and former holder of the land speed record between 1983 and 1997 Richard Noble, OBE. Entry to the event is by invitation only.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi
- Arabian Auto named Importer of the Year
- Dubai RTA launches limo booking service
- Bahrain F1 fans to meet favourite drivers
- Motorcity offers special service for Chery owners
- Infiniti to appoint Al Ghassan as Saudi dealer