Hero motorcycles launched in Egypt
Cairo, January 27, 2014
EAC, a member of Ezz Elarab Automotive Group, has launched the widely popular Indian motorcycle brand Hero in Egypt.
EAC - Ezz Elarab, Hero Motocorp’s sole distributor in Egypt, recently opened a multi-story showroom in Mohandessin to display Hero’s broad range of Indian motorcycles.
As the sole distributor, the company will also be responsible for building an extensive dealer network and channel partnerships across Egypt. With over 50 million motorcycles sold worldwide to date, the Hero brand has been tremendously successful, a statement said.
It has a 55 per cent market share in India, selling nearly seven million units per year and is the number one motorcycle company in India and the world, according to the statement.
Amr Ezz Elarab, managing director of EAC said: "We’re proud to be bringing Hero motorcycles to the Egyptian community, the world’s number one motorcycle company as well as introducing quality products to meet the needs of the Egyptian market. We’re confident both consumers and corporate fleet owners will appreciate the quality and value of the Hero range.”
EAC - Ezz Elarab has immediately made available in Egypt some of Hero’s top models including the 125 cc Glamour, the powerful 150 cc Hunk and its high-selling Splendor NXG. Other models available include the rugged Achiever and Karizma.
The Hunk in particular, offers riders dashing good looks packed with rugged performance while the Splendor NXG brings riders a stylish bike combined with great fuel efficiency, ideal for city commuting, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm