Lexus to showcase work by 3 top designers in Milan
Dubai, January 30, 2014
Lexus is set to hold a special exhibition of works by three world renowned designers at the Milan Design Week in April.
The exhibition entitled ‘Lexus Design Amazing 2014 Milan,’ will be held at the Circolo Filologico Milanese from April 8 to 13.
The three global designers to highlight the exhibition are Italian designer Fabio Novembre, Japanese designer Nao Tamura and the US design team of MIT Media Lab, Tangible Media Group, lead by Professor Hiroshi Ishii.
Each piece of work, created especially for the exhibition, aims to provide an unexpected encounter that goes beyond the field of automobiles. Each designer will work under the Lexus brand campaign concept ‘Amazing in Motion.’
Nobuyuki Negishi, chief representative, Mena office, Toyota Motor Corporation, said: “It gives us great pride at Lexus with our focus on pushing the boundaries of design to inspire the next generation of designers so that they can continue to break new ground with their works.
“With curiosity being the theme for the second Lexus Design Award, we hope to see some innovative designs this year at the Milan Design Week and celebrate the importance of great design with our support.”
The twelve winning awards from the second Lexus Design Award will also be displayed at the venue. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- 303 deaths linked to recalled GM cars: Watchdog
- Rising luxury car sales drives tuning industry
- Global debut for Audi RS 5 model
- New taxi laws to curb accidents in Abu Dhabi
- Traffic chaos fear in Bahrain
- Toyota remains ‘world’s most valuable car brand’
- Yas Marina Circuit appoints new CEO
- Mercedes-Benz event shows off SUV range
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm