New Toyota app launched in UAE
Dubai, February 6, 2014
Al-Futtaim Motors, the exclusive distributor of Toyota in the UAE, has launched a new interactive telematics service application for its customers.
T-Connect, which is compatible with iOS and Android operating systems, is a smartphone application which gives Toyota customers instant voice-guided navigation, directory information, off-road tracking services and other handy features, supported by a dedicated Dubai-based bi-lingual call centre.
The users can find their destination with a call to the bi-lingual operators, who will be able to locate them and direct them via voice-guided interactive maps.
The maps will provide a choice of five different routes based on the user’s current location including the shortest route, the best route and a toll-free route.
Jon Williams, managing director of Al-Futtaim, said: “Through T-Connect we will establish a contact point with Toyota customers, at all times, so that they feel safer and more secure while on the move.”
“This application enables us to extend the scope of navigation services, currently only fitted to around 12 per cent of our cars, to every single new Toyota customer.”
The app also offers other features including Spot Search to help users look for landmarks in their city; My Spot, which stores favourite and frequent locations in one file; and T-Connect Inbox, enabling Al-Futtaim Motors’ customers to receive the latest Toyota updates, offers and promotions. It also notifies users on the prayer times and the Qibla compass.
The service centre, operating from Dubai, will eventually cover all GCC countries, Jordan and Lebanon, said Williams. - TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Qatar Rail backs Gulf Traffic Week
- Citibank in Bahrain F1 tickets offer
- New Renault Safrane arrives in Saudi
- Bentley announces key regional postings
- Jordan dealer launches Jaguar promotion
- New Maserati Ghibli launched in Bahrain
- BMW unveils mobile site, iDrive in Arabic
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers