Nissan microbus in big demand across GCC
Dubai, 26 days ago
Nissan has recorded solid growth in the sales of its new microbus NV350 Urvan across the GCC region which surged to 5,063 units within a year of its launch.
The model has also achieved a record segment share of 26.3 per cent in the third Quarter of the 2013 fiscal year (October – December), said a senior official.
"The result reflects sales growth of more than 50 per cent between February and December last year compared to the same period in 2012. Nissan NV350 Urvan has also become the best-selling vehicle in its class in Qatar in the third quarter fiscal 2013," remarked Samir Cherfan, the managing director of Nissan Middle East.
According to him, the NV350 Urvan is innovative, tough enough to handle the hardest work and available in a broad range of derivations that fit with the customers’ needs.
"Its phenomenal sales success since launch proves how convincingly that offering is being welcomed by businesses across the Gulf region. Nissan NV350 Urvan’s ability to exceed customer expectations gives us the confidence to set an ambition to double its sales volume in the next three years," he remarked.
The Japanese car maker's new model combines unique features like keyless entry with generous cabin space, offering more comfort which appeals to commercial van buyers.
"The NV350 is particularly well suited to the food transportation industry in respect to the stringent regulations in Gulf countries. Nissan has partnered with Thermoking to convert models and provide customized refrigeration and insulation units to customers across the region," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Motoring Stories
- Toyota holds body and paint contest in Bahrain
- 330 tonnes of specialist racing cargo for Bahrain
- Automatic licence holders 'can't drive manual cars in Qatar'
- Jaguar Land Rover wins advertising award
- Rolls-Royce to buy key Daimler stake
- Nissan develops ‘smart rearview mirror’
- Dubai Taxi to offer Wi-Fi Internet in cabs
- Infiniti unveils new engine for Q50 Eau Rouge
- Bentley to debut Continental GT Speed at Geneva
- 17 die on Saudi roads daily
- Gargash to build showrooms for China automaker
- Jaguar to launch new sports sedan
- Jaguar Land Rover launches pre-owned programme
- Nissan Patrol sales hit top gear in Jan
- Al-Futtaim wins control of Kenya motor firm
- Dubai RTA, vehicle mortgagers improve service
- Arabian Auto posts 20pc rise in Nissan sales
- Global premiere for two Maserati models
- New Lexus wins Wheels magazine award
- Batelco to hold annual motor show
- Hyundai to unveil Intrado at Geneva
- Bahrain circuit to honour Schumacher
- Hertz unveils big plans for ME travellers
- F1 stars meet racing fans in Bahrain
- New Audi A3 Sedan launched in Bahrain
- Tata mulls Jaguar Land Rover plant in Saudi
- Nissan to showcase top models at Geneva show
- 51pc Dubai car buyers 'dissatisfied' with price
- Kia on Tour to start next week
- Al-Futtaim supplies hybrids to Cars Taxi